What is a Dumper?
A dumper is a motorised vehicle used to move material . A tip dumper carries the load in the front which can be lifted and tipped into place.
Dumpers are used in many industries, including gardening to move soil, rubble and gravel.
Finding the right tools for you
We hire a range of diggers and dumpers to help you complete your gardening projects no matter their size. Give us a call and we can advise on the right size digger or dumper.
This high-performance, robust dumper is ideal for general site duties and is able to empty its load into a skip. With the option of narrow tyres available this dumper can fit through an opening of 1200mm which is ideal for moving around lots of soil in small areas.
This mini digger is a great excavator for small gardens and can pass through narrow gates easily. It’s fitted with an immobilizer, tracking device and rubber tracks as standard. From moving soil or gravel from one place to another, to digging out ponds, the digger is a great all-rounder for gardening projects.
This high lift tracked carrier is ideal for moving heavy loads such as gravel, stones and bricks. Let this dumper take the strain of those landscaping projects.
Every gardener needs a good set of tools and equipment. How extensive it needs to be depends on the size of your plot or project and how adventurous your ideas are. Our wide selection of high-quality tools has everything you need, from mowers, trimmers, rollers and strimmers to keep your garden in shape.
Browse our range of garden tools to keep your lawn in tip-top form.
- Garden Roller Hire – Great for giving your lawn that professional finish when filled with water.
- Turf Cutter Hire – A highly effective machine that will cut strips of turf, cleanly, quickly and effectively.
- Sucker/Blower Hire – This leaf blower vacuum is ideal for large areas such as parks or large gardens.
- Lawn Scarifier Hire– Ideal for use on large lawns, parkland and, playing fields our powerful, petrol-driven lawn scarifiers (also known as lawn dethatchers) aerate the ground and remove dead grass, weeds and moss in a single operation.
- Petrol Lawnmower Hire – This self-propelled mower, with an adjustable cutting deck and grass collection box, makes light work when mowing large lawns and grassed areas.
For all of those other jobs such as maintaining hedges, removing brambles and cultivating the soil for sowing and planting, we have got what you need.
- Hedge Trimmer Hire – Large hedges present no difficulties with our double-sidestroke trimmer. Also available in electric.
- Petrol Cultivator Hire – This rugged reliable and extremely effective machine is capable of exceptional work in the most demanding of ground conditions. Ideal for gardens, allotments, and for preparing the ground for sowing and planting.
- Petrol Rotovator Hire – For commercial and domestic applications; capable of producing excellent results on borders, allotments, and vegetable plots.
- Post Hole Borer (1 man) Hire – This lightweight 1 man post hole borer, with an auger range of 90mm to 200mm diameter is ideal for fencing or tree planting. Maximum bore size 200mm.
- Strimmer/Brush Cutter Hire – Brush cutters can be used to remove tough scrub and brambles when fitted with a metal blade; as well as for general landscape maintenance with nylon cord or nylon flails. Supplied with safety harness and safety visor.
- Tree Stump Grinder Hire – A compact machine designed to level unwanted tree stumps simply, safely and efficiently. Suitable for both domestic and commercial applications.
South West Tool Hire offer a wide variety of high quality Step Ladders designed to make working at height safe and straightforward. Whether you’re taking on a DIY job in your own home or maintaining your garden.
The combination ladder is a lightweight ladder that provides three working configurations such as;
- A double sided step ladder
- An extension ladder
- An extended step ladder
Our combination ladders are strong and durable, perfect for those garden improvements such as pruning, hedge trimming and tough to reach high spots.
Our lightweight, portable step ladders provide quick and easy access to add hanging baskets and fairy lights for those finishing touches.
Fibre Glass Ladder Hire
Our strong and durable fiberglass ladders are safe and stable thanks to anti-slip rubber covered feet. Ideal for working on electrical jobs like sockets and light fixtures and accessing hard to reach places in the garden.
For large scale tree pruning jobs, it may be more suitable to consider hiring a powered access platform such a spider boom lift. Spider boom lifts allow you to reach high into the tree canopy in a much safer and stable way than with a ladder. Our hire experts will be able to advise on this and answer any questions you may have.
Woodworking Tool Hire
From the DIY’er to the specialist craftsman, our broad range of woodworking tools will help you achieve the finish you require for your garden.
We have a great range of woodworking equipment available to hire; cordless circular saws and jigsaws, electric planers, worktop jigs, and much more.
Our 5 star reviews speak for themselves
“Nothing too much trouble, even when I order the wrong thing! Swapped with no fuss and delivered on time, all with a smile, Appreciated.”
“First time using South West Tool Hire this morning. I was so impressed by the customer service, Lee Edwards was extremely helpful, professional and so easy to talk to. I ordered a bowser pressure washer about 8:30am this morning and it was delivered in less that 2 hours! I am looking forward to building a great relationship with this company. Highly recommended!”
“I get equipment from South West Tool Hire, great prices and fantastic customer service with next or even same day delivery.”